Tuesday 4 March 2014

The big trip to 'Ull- the photographers perspective!

First things first!
I live in Hull so I met everyone at the Deep. (After a cheeky lie in- today is going to be a good day)

this is the best blue ever.

You cant use flash and I didnt have a tripod so soz about the blur. Just liked this massive mouth, reminded me of a few peeps..

These are gratuitous pictures of pretty fishes


Martin having fun with the octopus memory game


OMG! WORLD EXCLUSIVE OF THE NEW PENGUIN ENCLOSURE!!
We noticed a little bit of wall sticker had been peeled away so I managed to grab this cheeky paparazzi style shot. I didnt sell it to the papers coz Im nice like that

Sad shark? Sleeping shark? Shark lying in wait to pounce? Either way I dont trust it

Random abstract hands on the REAL ICE wall

I believe you when you say its cold, but just HOW cold is it?

This was actually in a rainforest. Not really.

I feel like the little mermaid! Or to be technical- what beautiful back lighting!

Thank you to Kingston Art Gallery for our awesome print workshop and for opening especially for us. Now I know how Beyonce feels

Here the artist whose exhibition you can see in the background is showing us how to carve an image into some foamboard then roll ink onto it and print to make a relief print

Pretty Colours!

BTEC crew were straight in there..

Melissa and Lottie getting stuck in..

Interesting Sculpture..

The exhibition we went to see.. KAG doesn't receive any funding, only what the collective who run the gallery apply for. It is staffed by the artists who exhibit and volunteers. They also have studio space upstairs to rent. Everything to do with the day to day running is dealt with as a team. If you would like to volunteer/ find out more about running a gallery and the life of an artist get in touch with them

A typical artists studio!

Great talk about the day to day running of the gallery and how to survive as an artist- THANK YOU

Our amazing prints on the dryer, ready for me to collect over half term. Thats it, it was fun, and valentines day. Happy Half Term!


No comments:

Post a Comment