Wednesday 12 March 2014

My big day out!

Today the sun is shining and there's a bit of Spring in the air. I'm feeling like I need to leave B Block and go and explore the college. (Apparently there is more to college than B Block - who knew!!) So, I decided to go visit the ladies in the Library.....here is the story of my adventure.......
 
 
 
 
The old fashioned girl in me still calls a library a library. Apparently the above sign is now what it is called - sigh!
 
 
Oooohhhh......looks comfy - wonder if we should swap these for our sofa in the Art office?
 
 
No, no, no....this is not a post box, but indeed a contraption that allows you to take books out without having any human contact at all! However if you're an old fashioned girl like me, and you do want to interact with the odd human, then there is an alternative option......see below!
 



Here she is.....Sally! One of two ladies (Karen being the other) who run the LRC very smoothly and are both very, very helpful. Next time you're in the LRC pop over and say hello.


 

This book is essential for all AS Art students for Unit 1......
 
 
Beautiful book for pattern....
 
 
Some nice graphics books......
 
 
  An amazing selection of photography books.......
 




  The LRC has an electric mix of books, CD's DVD's & magazines which are worth checking out. We are very lucky in the Creative Arts Department to have such a massive resource on site. So rather than stick with google and the dreaded wikipedia, go and see the books on offer!

 
I noticed that this book had been taken out loads! This is a bit of a news flash to all.....we are planning on going to see the Martin Parr Exhibition over in Bradford very soon.
 
So, this is the end of my little adventure. I enjoyed my time in the Library and am planning on a return visit soon. I have a plan you see, one which involves the whole department, but more on that another day.
 
(I would like to thank Mel from PE who came over to help with this blog post, so Cheers Melanie!) 

 
 

2 comments:

  1. I'm sharing the library love ! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ace! And you are totally right- the library is awesome and inspiring and underused so get involve!

    ReplyDelete